Orientation Session on preparation of Environmental Profile and Environmental Policy for FATA
• Green Sector Line Departments of FATA including Forests, Fisheries, Wildlife, Livestock and Agriculture participated in the session.
• Environmental Cell FATA facilitated the session by delivering presentations on the outlines of Environmental Profile and Federal Environmental Policy for inputs and discussion of the participants.
• It was agreed in the session that the FATA line departments will provide all available data to IUCN for further utilization in the documents preparation.
• The session was fully interactive and inputs of the participants incorporated in the FATA Environmental Profile and Policy outline developed by Environment Cell, FATA team.
• Scope of activities in all green sectors to be part of Policy.
• Capacity building needs of the departments which need to be incorporated in FATA environmental policy.
• Existing good environmental practices.
• Policy instruments
• Cross cutting Sectors
• Implementation and monitoring
• Environmental issues of FATA.
• Identification of other stakeholders to support green sector activities.
List of participants:
|1||Production Officer||Livestock Department|
|3||Social Organizer||Fisheries Department|
|5||S. Research Officer||Agriculture Research, FATA|
|6||Research Officer||Fisheries Bajaur|
|7||DFO Kurram||Forest. FATA|
|8||Assistant Director||Agriculture (Ext)|
|9||Team Leader||Environment Cell, FATA|
|10||Environment & NRM Specialist||Environment Cell, FATA|
|11||Program Officer||Environment Cell, FATA|
|12||Intern||Environment Cell, FATA|