Orientation Session on preparation of Environmental Profile and Environmental Policy for FATA
- The Objectives of the session were to identify and highlight environmental issues in the brown and socio-economic sectors of FATA, to prioritize the issues, to create awareness about environmental issues in FATA and to collect data for preparation of the environmental profile and policy for FATA
- Line Departments of Brown and Socio economic Sectors of FATA including Irrigation& Hydel power, Works and Services, Public Health Engineering, M&E, Health, Education, Social Welfare participated in the session.
- Environmental Cell FATA facilitated the session by delivering presentations on the outlines of Environmental Profile, Federal Environmental Policy, EU Environmental Framework and list of indicators for inputs and discussion of the participants.
- It was agreed in the session that the FATA line departments will provide all available data to Environment Cell, FATA for further utilization in the documents preparation.
- The participants suggested that profile and environmental policy shall be developed holistically whereas implementation may be piloted in selected agencies.
- The session was fully interactive and inputs of the participants incorporated in the FATA Environmental Profile and Policy outline developed by Environment Cell, FATA team.
- Environmental issues in various sectors were discussed in detail which included Roads, communication, Health, education, minerals, water and sanitation, works and services etc
- EU environmental framework was discussed. Drivers, pressure, state of environment, impacts on ecology and human economy was discussed and participant’s viewpoints were incorporated.
- Participatory session by using flip cards/Zoab cards was conducted and participants gave their suggestions regarding the subject.
List of Participants:
|1||Agency Surgeon Khyber||Directorate of Health Services, FATA|
|2||Agency Surgeon Bajaur||Directorate of Health Services, FATA|
|3||Ast. Social Welfare Officer||Directorate of Social welfare FATA|
|4||Assistant Engineer||Irrigation & Hydel Power ,Khyber|
|5||Xen Irrigation||Directorate of Irrigation, Khyber|
|6||Ast. Social Welfare Officer Khyber||Directorate of Social welfare FATA|
|7||Director (Green)||Directorate of M&E FATA|
|8||Water Management Officer||Directorate of Irrigation FATA|
|9||Water Management Officer||Directorate of Irrigation FATA|
|10||Sub Engineer||Directorate of Irrigation, FATA|
|11||Sub Divisional Officer||Directorate of Irrigation, FATA|
|12||SO E,II||AI&C Deptt. FATA Secretariat|
|13||Ast: Design Eng.||FATA Works & Service|
|14||Pgram Officer||Environment , Cell FATA|
|15||Team leader||Environment Cell, FATA|
|16||Environment , Specialist||Environment , Cell, FATA|
|17||Intern||Environment Cell, FATA|